Re: APIS 98/99/2000

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 00:27:51 -0700

Jonathon,

The Bath Symposium was attended by folks from the Sweden, Portugal, the
U.S., The Netherlands, Norway, Italy, Portugal, Australia, Canada, and
France. These are ones I can specifically remember. There was over 100
attending and Terry King put it together on short notice. The limitation
was the size of the size of the auditorium and that was filled. I believe
an well organized and agressively promoted APIS could attract 1000+.

As for work, I have seen no restrictions imposed anywhere. If you think it
is alternative, that's enough. If you were into Echtachrome slides or
whatever, you'd probably be totally mystified by the event anyway.

Hans and Chia Nohlberg of Sweden showed 20x24 Polaroid lifts that were
stunning. I believe they are in the Bath Scrapbook at

www.bostick-sullivan.com/bath.htm

There are other pictures there to give you the flavor of the event.

--Dick Sullivan