Re: frames/UV transmittance..

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Wed, 01 Apr 1998 10:12:04 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, William Laven wrote:

> Gravity Works made those print frames. I've got a couple and they're awful.
> The rubber surgical tubing fasteners never did a good job and the UTV
> really made no difference in the exposure and also the larger sheets (11x14

..about a year ago I did some testing of "normal" glass and crystal
glass: the crystal glass allows transmission of UV. standard glass cuts
off UV a an certain wavelength (have to look that one up, I thought about
300nm, not sure..). Tested both types of glass on cyanotype and VDB, the
crystal printed faster, but not dramatic (if I remeber correctly about
10-15%)..

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"