Re: Printing Carbon Transfer 101 [long...]

Wm. J. Clark (wmclark@prairieweb.com)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:32:43 -0600

Klaus,

Thank you for your reply. The information in my two long posts "Carbon
Tissue 101" and "Printing Carbon Transfer 101" comes from workshop notes. I am
taking direction from that workshop teacher, whose work I have seen and
admired. I began learning by following instruction without too many questions.

Referring to the paragraph "While the exposure is being <SNIP> (Total soak
= 10 minutes)". Both you and Sandy King questioned this, and I appreciate
the input from you both.

Likewise, I may do better to have my "transfer bath" kept to 59-63 F.
(15-17 C.) as you suggest. Getting good adhesion to the final support paper
has been troublesome for me.

Also, thank you for the info about making bubble-free water. The water as
it comes from my reverse-osmosis unit is quite free of dissolved solids, but it
is loaded with tiny bubbles!

Finally, thank you for the ideas about using rubbing-alcohol and water
transfer bath.

I have not tried developing on plexi or white plastic, but I will keep your
notes on that filed for future use. I'll have questions about the plexi method
at some future time.

In all my photographic efforts, I try to change one thing at a time and
evaluate the result. Changing a half-dozen variables at a time does not
"speed-up" finding good work methods! <grin>

Again, thanks for your ideas.

Bill Clark
wmclark@prairieweb.com
Scottsbluff Nebraska USA