appyling platinum solution

Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:33:25 -0800

>Esj101 <Esj101@aol.com> wrote:
>
>I have been having a hard time in applying the platinum solution evenly
>without any streaking to stonehedge paper. Does anyone have a brush that works
>well on this paper ?

I don't know "Stonehedge" paper. But, if it is a smooth surface paper, try
a coating rod or "Puddle Pusher". By far the best way to get an even
platinum or cyanotype coating I've found. Far smoother than any brush (at
least in my hands). They only work on smooth paper! They wouldn't be hard
to make, or Bostick and Sullivan sell nice pre-made ones. You will need
one for each size negative. You can not in any way use an 8 inch rod to
coat a 4 inch or 11 inch print :-(

tomf2468@pipeline.com (Tom Ferguson)