Re: Suggestions, please

Jan Kapoor (jkapoor@concentric.net)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 19:48:03 -0400

I recently completed a project where I scanned in photographs to Photoshop, added
text, inverted the images to make negatives, and printed them on transparency
material with an Epson Stylus 800 at 1440 dpi. I then contact printed them using
the Ware formula new Cyanotype chemistry. This cyanotype formula produces very
rich blues and long scale continuous tone images that to me are far more
expressive than traditional cyanotype. And the negatives, while not being quite
equal to real film negatives, have very fine detail and work well with
cyanotype. Working with images on the computer gives you a lot of flexibility,
too, in manipulating the image, adding layers, etc. I am also going to try this
method with Van Dyke printing. Perhaps something like this would give the
floating image look you're after.

Jan