Re: Epson coated paper negatives

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 20:36:52 -0300

At 4:00 PM +0000 98/04/24, John Lowen wrote:
>I my case the coated Epson Paper Negatives are negatives printed on
>the Epson 800 Printer on lazer paper and coated with melted canning
>wax. The settings I use are 1440/Error Difussion/Color
>Printing/MicroInterweave/(I covert the negative to a tritone before
>printing)Flip the image horizontal (so it will print correctly in a
>contact frame) and invert - Works for me on my POP/Argryotype/and
>Digital Canvas Prints.

And qu'est-ce que c'est the Digital Canvas Prints?

Also, since the Epson dyes are rather fugitive, how many prints can you
make under what kind of light source before your negs are fried?

Several people on this list have said they'd send me small sample prints
made from contone Epson negs but I haven't seen anything yet. I'm still
waiting to see a nice carbon or Pt or Ziatype before I make the plunge.

It looks like the best just got better: Epson just introduced two new
printers, the Stylus Photo EX, a large-format, 1,440-by-720-dpi device
aimed at photographers and street-priced at $500. Max. output is 11.46 by
43.34 inches. The original Photo Stylus has been replaced with the Stylus
Photo 700, a photo-quality printer with a street price of $280. Max output,
8.26 by 43.34 inches. They are 20 percent faster and offer a 20 percent
smaller dot size than their six-color predecessor. Since I need a 7X loupe
to just barely see the dots (no screen pattern like the 800) from the
previous Photo Stylus, this is getting interesting. Macs and Wintel drivers
are available.

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada