Re: lights (reply)

Hamish Stewart & Sophie Colmont (Hamish.Sophie@wanadoo.fr)
Fri, 15 May 1998 00:23:36 +0200

Peter,

My preference for both asthetic and personal reasons is to use sunlight,
it offers the best contrast and its fast. But failing that UV fluros in a
lightbox work well. There are a number of books on the market with DITY
lightboxes. I have also seen on the list mention of sunbeds. I'm sure
others will send useful comments also. I used to use a wonderful lightbox
at college which was very large and had a vacuum pump. But I have still
found that prints exposed to sunlight have more contrast, and the colours
seem more intense. Basically the only thing that stops me printing is
rain. Clouds are no worry, the exposures are just a little longer.
Remember you get sunburn just as surely under a cloudy sky as full
sunlight

Regards
Hamish

-