Re: A Question

Larry Bullis (kingfisher@halcyon.com)
Tue, 12 May 1998 16:43:50 -0700

I sent the following offlist to Judith but it occured to me, reading Bob
Schramm's message, that someone else may have read or clipped the
article, so I'm forwarding it to the list.

Subject: Re: a question
Sent: 5/12/98 1:35 PM
To: Judith Eastburn, jeastbur@webslnger.com

> I find all sorts of things
>floating in the sink after the students are gone...but what interests me
>are the prints which have been developed, but not fixed. Sometimes they
>are still in the developer tray, sometimes they have been tossed into
>the sink. But they have a metallic surface quality of silvery
>iridescence. This may be evenly distributed across the print, or may be
>centered in specks or blobs on an otherwise dull surface.

I cannot remember the title of the article or the author, or even the
date, but I believe it was about 5 or 6 years ago that _Scientific
American_ published an article on this very topic. There are actually
artists who are working with this irridescence and also the variety of
colors that are formed.

If you happen to find the article, I would not mind receiving from you
the date of the issue. I read it, and probably have the information
somewhere, but having moved several times in recent history, I can't find
lots of things.