Re: tell me more

gary stephen thompson (dmax@mindspring.com)
Tue, 12 May 1998 22:03:13 -0400

Edward Meyers wrote:

> On Tue, 12 May 1998 lkahane@interport.net wrote:
>
> > To Whomever.... Have just become aware of the alternative photo process
> > list. Please tell me more. I'm a new york based photographer with an
> > interest in ninteenth century images. Thanks.
> > Lisa Kahane
> >

> Just stay tuned in and you'll learn lots about Alt-processes, plus
> a lesson in diplomacy. Ed :)
There is a very good site to get information.
http://www.mikeware.demon.co.uk
Mike Ware is a chemist who has reworked some of the older processes to
make the results more consistent. I first learned of his work from
Pradip Malde(I took a work shop on Platinum-Palladium taught by Pradip).
His site has several papers describing Playinum-Palladium, Argyrotype,
Cyanotype, and preparations for alternative processing.
I hope that this will prove useful. A WARNING: Alternative processes
are habit forming and probably addictive!!! ;)
Enjoy
Gary Thompson