Re: List Cleansing or capital punishment

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.org)
Wed, 13 May 1998 13:40:47 -0600

Leticia and Byron Brauchli wrote:

> I CANNOT Just sit around and think nothing is happening. I am an outsider
> -I am not a photographer, but I live with one, I am not an American with a
> long tradition of "democracy"- but I will venture my opinion, with the risk
> that you want to silence me. How is it that Judy and Luis go about business
> as usual, pretending that they just care about "important" matters such as
> voicing an opinion on "processes"... I found this very hypocritical and a
> clear show of power. Even when sometimes I don't agree with Terry and can
> sympathize with Judy's remarks, this act of exclusion and forcing Terry out
> is a blatant exercise of power in the name of political correctness. As far
> as I am concerned, Terry, Judy and Luis engage in a self promotional "my
> book, my opinion" "if you want to know more, enroll in my workshop".
> Knowledge is as political as an opinion, and disqualifying one branch
> serves the purpose of the other--that is not news for you de-constructs,
> postmodern "thinkers", but yet you are not willing to confront it
> openly--and it turns more productive (for your advantage) to engage the
> readers of this list in a one-sided dialogue that camouflages your real
> intentions _POWER_ WITH the consequence of you only profiting from it. A
> forum such as this should be as democratic as possible -even when I hear
> Dick Sullivan on the contrary- and allow the voices of dissent to
> speak--after all I, as a reader, want to hear you both, Judy and Terry. Be
> mature and not so self-serving.
> And to the rest of the list, how in good conscience but in the name of
> "just technical" aspects can you allow that others censor what you should
> know or hear? If everybody is just interested in dialoguing about technical
> aspects, why don't you ignore the other remarks instead of engaging in
> them? Let's restore democracy and open dialogue. I am a true believer in
> that "american" dream, called free speech.
> How altruistically many of you supported Jock Sturges in his first
> amendment rights, only now to condemn Terry to capital punishment.
> Lety Mora Brauchli

As you are a non contributor to this list, I don't give a damn about
what you think about all this, and resent the audacity you show by
posting to us and telling us how we should behave, and not a thing about
photography. You obviously haven't been here long enough to know what
is going on, or don't have the capacity to understand. Please keep this
crap and similar off our list.

John

--
Alchemy Printmaking & Photography