Re: Ghosts

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 13 May 1998 20:34:41 -0400 (EDT)

Bob, I'd written to ask if you'd sent "Letty" the same angry reply for her
so angry message that you sent Schramm for his humorous one (which I
thought was pretty cute). You replied:

On Wed, 13 May 1998 Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com wrote:

> I just read her message again and she is correct in her assessment.
> There are too many people out there who if they get a reply or comment
> that bothers them, they whine and cry and complain to the list op. The
> list members need to learn restraint and grow up a bit.

I tried, in my grown-up way, to point out my dilemma. You want restraint,
which I surely have been quite extreme at these last weeks, but that's
what seemed to rile "Letty" -- precisely my restraint, my determination to
stick with topical matters, and NOT rise to the bait. So it seemed to me
the only thing I could do to please the both of you would be to vanish.

I was about to send you this very query when my ever-helpful server
aborted. Upon my return, the "aborted" message was nowhere to be found,
yet I had this message from you:

On Wed, 13 May 1998 Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com wrote:

> Does no good to argue this over and over. Calm your pretty little self
> down.

Now it's true, I am quite pretty, and even us serious types like a little
flattery every so often, but I'm puzzled. Does that mean you got the
message after all? If you did, would you send it back? I'd like it for
my serious file.

Thanks,

Judy