Re: List Cleansing or capital punishment

Richard Morris (Richard.Morris@brunel.ac.uk)
Thu, 14 May 1998 08:53:35 +0100 (BST)

> Leticia and Byron Brauchli wrote:
> >
> > I CANNOT Just sit around and think nothing is happening. I am an outsider
> > -I am not a photographer, but I live with one, I am not an American with a
> > long tradition of "democracy"- but I will venture my opinion, with the risk
> > that you want to silence me. How is it that Judy and Luis go about business
> > as usual, pretending that they just care about "important" matters such as
> > voicing an opinion on "processes"... I found this very hypocritical and a
> > clear show of power. Even when sometimes I don't agree with Terry and can
> > sympathize with Judy's remarks, this act of exclusion and forcing Terry out
> > is a blatant exercise of power in the name of political correctness. As far
>
> As you are a non contributor to this list, I don't give a damn about
> what you think about all this, and resent the audacity you show by
> posting to us and telling us how we should behave, and not a thing about
> photography. You obviously haven't been here long enough to know what
> is going on, or don't have the capacity to understand. Please keep this
> crap and similar off our list.
>
> John
> --
> Alchemy Printmaking & Photography
> PO Box 633 Ranchos de Taos, NM 87557
> http://www.quetzl.com/Alchemy/html.index

I am sorry but having read the correspondence going on regarding the Judy/Terry confrontations surely this message is equally
obnoxious? Maybe this is what is needed - an outsider looking in with an unbiassed opinion.

In every "art" you have people who may be considered "stroppy" but you do not ignore their artistry for all that. Let's get back
to the proper role of the list, which is the very valuable contributions people make towards alternative processes. Never mind
their personalities and foibles. No one is "right" even in methods of achieving the final picture. I do the calotype process,
amongst others, and I would never say there is only one way to do it just as I am sure the same applies to every other process. .
So please respect others opinions even if they do not coincide with your own. So keep Terry and everyone else on the list.
Henry Fox Talbot AKA Richard Morris