Re: Leonardo

Klaus Pollmeier (pollmei@ab.fh-anhalt.de)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:24:59 +0200

Galina Manikova schrieb:

> I have heard or read somewhere, that there were discovered some pictures,
> that are claimed to be Leonardo´s photoexperiments - in color !
>
> Does anyone know more about it ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Galina.

I don't know about this one but have read in a journal about that holy
piece of linnen stored in Torino/Italy. Someone thought, the person's
image on it could have been produced photographically with the help of a
big camera obscura. When looking at the image I didn't find this idea
too weird, as the image could be interpreted as showing shadows rather
than coloration from contact with a body.
Klaus Pollmeier