Re: Reasons for alt photo

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:43:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, katharine thayer wrote:
> .... for my own artistic work,
> nothing will do but gum.

Amen.

> .. I've long ago relinquished any ambition of
> being rich and famous and beloved by critics.

But you won't have to change your opinion every 5 years the way the
critics do... It wasn't clear to me, however, whether Howell's professor
meant "pre-raphaelite" as praise or blame. A while ago that would have
been good, an "A". Now? (I refrain from wondering about his definition
of pre-raphaelite, because I could get snide, and that just isn't me.)

> negatives digitally, a la Burkholder, except I print them myself rather
> than to trust them to a service bureau. I'm thereby limited to 12x18 but
> sometimes I put two together to make a larger picture....

Katharine, I'm hoping you'll give more details about how you print your
digital negatives yourself... in the darkroom on lith film? By ink jet
printer? Or?? Why limited to 12 by 18 ???

cheers from Judy-waiting-to-be-more-digital-any-minute-now