Re: zia and gold

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 17:06:53 -0500

Nze christian wrote:

> hello
>
> i make some print with zia (lithium + gold)
> but can't obtain the pink result i obtain the time before
> i think that it's due to the high degree of humidity (>80%)
> i obtain pure black print with a little burgundy( very little)
>
> ?for gold print christian better to have low humidity level (30%- 50%) to
> obtain a significant color result)?
>
> nze christian

For any Ziatype the ideal is to have your workspace between 50 and 60%
relative humidity. All the color and contrast effects can be obtained
with exactly the same simple paper preparation steps if the ambient
conditions are in this range. BTW, the "pink" highlights with gold are
probably the least predictable Zia result. I'd really consider them a
special or experimental effect rather than a basic part of the
system.---Carl