Re: What I don't understand Re: re Terry King's email

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:36 +0000

> What most puzzles me is why didn't the folks so disturbed *after the
> fact*
> of Terry's "banishment" counsel him to cool it WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING--

Judy

I think that you can assume that some of us did write to both Terry (and
also to Luis come to that) during the time they were both misbehaving on
list. I for one told him the post he had made was offensive and suggested
strongly he should apologise. However _others_ were still busy sending
comments to the list designed solely 'to incite conflict' by deliberately
getting Terry worked up (and later even boasting about having done this.)

However Gordon has asked we don't comment on list (perhaps you pressed the
wrong button by mistake? - easily done - I'm sure Terry does it frequently
- as I suspect he did in the case under discussion), so I won't comment on
the rest of your message. Easier to delete things that shouldn't be here.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/