Re: printing color separations

DanPhoto@aol.com
Fri, 08 Jan 1999 22:55:20 -0500 (EST)

>From: Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com
>To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>I gather that people want extreme quality, but do not do what it takes.
>Photoshop and digital methods are not the way to go. Does everyone want
>economy and reasonable quality or do they want the highest level of
>attainable quality? Just curious.
>

>RM

As a friendly suggestion, you might want to qualify your comments a bit.
Many users find that the control and precision of digital techniques more
than make up for the limitations that exist currently. And those
limitations are there only because we are at such an early stage of
incorporating electronic methods.

Heck, by the time this message gets posted, someone will probably
discover a better way to make those desktop separations! And it's the
good people like Judy and Katherine who are doing the work that will make
the path so much easier for the rest of us to follow. And follow we will.
After all, when was the last time you exposed a glass plate negative?

Dan