Re: Digital reply

FotoDave@aol.com
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:11:05 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/11/99 9:05:28 AM Pacific Standard Time, FotoDave@AOL.COM
writes:

> But at
> least from a theoretical point of view, it will be easier if one tries to
> adjust the contrast (increase the control a lot) rather than trying to get
> higher-density negative through inkjet printing.

I find that I need to re-clarify myself again. Since I don't do Pt/Pd, I was
not trying to say that adjusting the contrast is easy. What I was tyring to
say was, if adjusting contrast (more accurately the exposure range) of Pt/Pd
is possible, then it seems that in order to get good digital printing, it
makes more sense to try to decrease the exposure range of the emulsion rather
than to increase the contrast range of inkjet negative through CMYK
overprinting.

Dave