Re: Laser Light Photographics

FotoDave@aol.com
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:23:31 -0500 (EST)

> I don't know what Bill has going on again in California, but when he was
> in Massacusetts he did not own the equipment to make the Light Jet prints
> -- he had them made by Evercolor in Worcester and his prices reflected this
> "middle man" situation.

He and Evercolor were one at one point. For whatever reason, they separated.

But I am not sure what you meant exactly when you said his prices reflected
this "middle man" situation. It sounded to me that he would be more expensive
because he had to pay Evercolor. But his prices were actually less expensive
because they did things differently.

Evercolor markets themselves to be color accurate in a sense that they make
proof, send it to you, and you tell them the correction / modification that
you want, and they make the final print after final approval. This might go
one time or more than one time iteration.

Bill markets himself as an experienced color printer, so he eliminates the
proof. You would trust him as you would trust an experienced color printer in
a custom photo lab. In that way, you save some proofing cost.

But I should say that was about 2 years ago (I heard about this directly from
Bill and the person owning/running Evercolor). I don't know the situation now.

Dave