when you gotta go

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:32:35 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Michael Taylor wrote:

> unsubscribe alt-photo-process-l

Michael and others: to unsubscribe, the address is

alt-photo-process-request@usask.ca
                 ^^^^^^^^

Since that was the way everyone subscribed, it beats me why they fail to
unsubscribe the same way (but then a lot of things beat me around here).

I make a point of this because, as I understand the matter, Gord has to
pick unsubscribes that come to the list out manually, instead of the
listserve doing it automatically as it does the ones addressed correctly.

Since those who love the list are very heavily invested in Gord's
survival, and since the unreduceable maintenance he does cheerfully 98
hours a day is no small burden to begin with, how about if everyone writes
the address above (or a correction if I've got it wrong) on a scrap of
paper, and tapes it to their monitor (next to "Escape =
command/control/start")? Then, when they really gotta go..... they can go
quietly.

PS: Speaking of texts at the computer station, I have a fortune cookie
message taped to my keyboard. It says, "You will finally solve a difficult
problem that will mean much to you." Proved true a couple of times, but
is not, alas, permanent.

Cheery Judy