Know the Stops

Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:32:37 -0800

Gene Laughter and those like ... with respect to endless discussions:

With respect to all subjects, technical or creative; it remains to know when
we reach a conclusion.

This continuous discussion about bringing digital imaging to the peak of
photography is sapping many of us, I think for that's what it's doing to me.

I don't like digital and don't collect magazine photography, either.
Printed matter and photographs are not the same.

There are printers that expose photographic medium by laser, light that lays
down line at a time the exposure as was corrected or managd by a computer
oeprator. The Morse printer gives us 32 spaces to reostat the contact
print. Ansel adated one for wall projection.

If, as it seems, that there is an unsettling discrepency between alternativ
photographic processes and digital imaging processes, maybe the digital
insterest is enough to have another list.

I find the digital discussion a clutter, too.

S. Shapiro, Carmel, CA
Steve Shapiro, Carmel, CA
sgshiya@redshift.com
'the dude abides'