Re: (gum&longivety) stability of dichromate

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:23:56 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Judy Seigel wrote:

> But many times when I've mixed up a new batch I've tested it against the
> end of the old batch.

..when I made my solution of Potassium Dichromate I wanted a saturated
solution, so I weighted more dichromate than was possible to get into
solution and stirred. So I now have a truly saturated solution of Pot.
Dichromate (with crystals on the bottom). Providedd that I keep the
temperature of the solution constant (it more or less is), and do not
put my pipet on the bottom, this should work. Or not?
(as I posted before: just starting..;-)..)

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"
http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/ir-gallery.html