Re: Gum questions.

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 03:41:20 -0500 (EST)

> >Finally, I never heard much about what printer to buy for making
> negatives
> >suitable for gum - Judy, what are you using now, and do you like it?
> The
> >Photo Dan and Dave's you two are the experts - any real info on the
> >situation?
>
> Seems like lots of people talk about generating negatives digially,
> but either few are actually doing it, or else the ones that are are
> not willing to share details about how they go about it. I, too, will
> soon be in the market for a printer and would appreciate any comments
> (good, bad or otherwise).

Ahem, I've been dishing up info so many hours a day here, I hardly have
time for digging it out of the ether. My own digital stage is advanced
beginner, I'd guess, and my equipment and technique are actually
rudimentary. However, the rather crude negative I'm getting has its own
esthetic (not for Dave !), and I'm quite enthralled. I've run into some
puzzles, which I'm hoping someone on the list will cast some light on, and
have some findings about acetate or "laser film" with my particular laser
printer vs. waxed paper, etc. etc. I'll get into it in near future, but
not now, which is going on to 4 AM & plumber is to ring my doorbell at 8.

 Judy