Re: A Project ( about Kodak HIE; Lawless, Lith film, Cyano & Gum)

FotoDave@aol.com
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:56:56 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/15/99 2:35:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl writes:

> But probably a more pressing question: is the gum print expressing more
> the feeling of "noon" than the original Infrared print ???? (maybe I
> should scan this print also, and put it up next to it...)

Hi Cor,

I think the print is lovely in itself, but since you specifically ask whether
it expresses more the feeling of "noon," then my opinion is not really. How
can the noon light be brown or orange?

It gives me some mysterious or mystical feeling.... feels like photographing a
stained glass window from inside a Church, except that it is not stained
glass, so it has that unique characteristic.

Dave