Preshrinking paper.

Adam Kimball (akimball@finebrand.com)
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 00:12:06 -0800

This could truly be the silliest question asked all month. But how dry is
dry for preshrinking? I'm too unorganized to preshrink my paper one day,
size the next, and harden the next. So, tonight I went to the printmaking
studio I do gravures at to size paper- it was quite cold and it was taking
forever for the paper to dry after the shrink. Most of it dried quite
thoroughly, though bone-dry might be pushing it - but some wasn't quite as
dry. Fed up, I sized some of this still slightly damp paper. I'm only
working on small prints now, so this shouldn't be a big issue - but in the
future - how dry is dry? ;)

-Adam