Re: pyro and portraiture]

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:04:08 -0500

William,

Along with ability to handle long tonal scales, pyro also excels at
defining subtle differences of tone, at separating very close tonal
values. This could be useful in portrait work where much of the tone is
often in a very tight range. But you could find it interferes by
providing too much information about close value like skin blemishes and
wrinkles. As always, it depends on the effect you are after and the only
way to find out is to experiment and see if it works for your
purposes.---Carl