Re: Micro pipettes and K. chlorate %solutions

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:48:34 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Carl Weese wrote:

> Judy,
>
> My info is that the "regulated" FDA-approved "drop" comes from a plastic
> dropper. More consistent manufacture or something. I concur with your
> observation that different fluids measure differently but this doesn't
> seem to matter to the solutions involved in Pt printing.---Carl>

As I noted last week, the man who knows everything (and he knows who he
is!) has told me that the plastic droppers are molded, and therefore more
precise than the glass, which is blown. I'm willing to believe it.

But that's no guarantee of anything. I recall once using a local reduction
bleach that took equal parts A & B, and the damn thing wasn't working.
Ultimately I noticed that the A bottle was 2/3rds empty, B only about 1/3.
I tested the drop size & found them significantly different.. Both had
plastic droppers, but the bottles weren't a "set."

Judy