Re: Rollo Pyro & Sensitometry

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:39:49 -0500

Nash Computer Technology wrote:
> 1) How does the Pyro stain affect density, and what density should indicate
> my ideal film speed (for Platinum and Ziatype printing)? ...
> 3) ... With Rollo Pyro, would I have to make any time changes to
> either of the metaborate baths, or would I simply adjust the actual
> development time?
> 4) ... is there an easy way to establish ideal development time. ...

Nash or whomever,

I believe that these questions can best be answered by some careful work
on your part; make some platinum prints. One approach you can use is
outlined in detail in my Guide to Pt/Pd Printmaking on my web site. It
is called a Matrix; look under simultaneous exposure and development
control.

I, for one, appreciate the pyro tests you are performing and would enjoy
reading about more of your findings.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/