dot questions (was Re: Gum questions.

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 02:52:53 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Darryl Baird wrote:

> I have a 600 dpi HP, which I'll be testing with this material in
> preparation for an alt-process class this coming May, so I'll have a
> better idea if the bigger printer (at 600 dpi) might truly be a
> worthy investment, especially at 1200 dpi!

Darryl, are you talking about a laser printer or an inkjet? I've printed a
couple of samples originating from an inkjet in gum, and am finding the
"dot" or what passes for dot disconcerting.... so far I don't like them AT
ALL !! These are from two different printers, both use fuzzy marks,
stochastic of sorts, I suppose, to make tone variations.

Someone said a new Epson, due any minute will have "three sizes of dots."
Does anyone know if those will be real dots?

TIA,

Judy