Re: archival ink for deskjet

Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:40:57 -0700

I have seen the term "Archival" applied to a number of printers and
materials, but I doubt if you can find any manufacturer that would
guarantee and put into writing that their inks will last. If you have the
digital files, it does not matter how long the inks last.

When I think of archival, I am thinking in terms of at least 100 years. I
think we will have far better technology 100 years from now - actually, I
think far better technology will be with us in just a few years.

RM