Re: RGB vs CMYK for gum - PAPER NEGATIVES

Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:24:00 -0700

>>I also have a question -- I've read a lot about paper negatives on the
list.
Why would you use paper negatives vs. using transparency material in the
printer to make negatives?

Paper negatives have long been used to solve some pesky problems. I use
them with my Morse Printer. Typically, an "A" weight paper was used, and
areas in the print to be controlled were retouched using pencil graphite.
This was then used as a simple mask to aid in dodging and burning. Ideal
for extremely fine image control.

I used it when I had a large number of prints to make from the same
negative.

RM