Re: Chromoskedasic question

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:51:14 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Suzanne Izzo wrote:

> Dan says his students "made some fine prints." Has anyone else managed
> to get results with this method? Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Having just put in a big order of paper, I'm not eager to turn around
> and buy some Kodabrome. I'll probably put this on the back burner for
> now, but I'd like to hear any thoughts from the List.

Suzanne, the next issue of Post-Factory is going to have a formula that
results in "plated out" silver, either the undeveloped background halide
(which I believe is what Jolly's method does) or the image, depending on
how you use it... It's the Halochrome formula in fact, or a lot like it --
with several variations...

I used it for several years, and it worked without a problem on the papers
(fiber based) I tried it on. I've got to get it into coherent form for
publication, but... it works. (Silver gelatin toning is process theme of
the issue. List of celebrity contributors to follow in due course, of
course.)

Judy