liquid light

brandy auld (ariadnelab@hotmail.com)
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:46:45 -0800 (PST)

I'm wondering if anyone out there can help with liquid light photo
emulsion.
I've been printing on glass. I've done a lot of work with liquid light,
and it seems to work well with the one problem being that I cant seem to
figure out how to guarantee a completely clear image after fixing. It
seems that the emulsion hardens on the outside and the inner part right
next to the glass becomes protected from the fixer. The result is a
slight clouding of the otherwise clear areas. This can be quite
beautiful, but I would prefer if I could control this particular effect.
 I've experimented with different thicknesses and temperatures and
proportions but with no certainty.

Also if anyone wants to suggest a more authentic approach to achieving
prints on glass I would appreciate it. I have a feeling that other
methods will involve serious chemistry and a more controlled
environment.

I love the way the pictures look on the glass. They are beautiful, so
I'm willing to try the next step in improving the quality and integrity
of these prints.

Thankyou!

-Brandy