Re: archival ink for deskjet

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:57:44 -0500

At 02:08 PM 1999/01/29 -0500, Judy wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Sil Horwitz wrote:
>
>> At 02:53 AM 1999/01/29 -0500, Judy wrote:
>> But don't think watercolors are so very permanent. My late wife bought a
>> watercolor painting that she put up in a dark hall here. It was brilliant,
>> but after about ten years, the paper has become a dark ecru and the colors
>> have definitely deteriorated.
>
>Sil, I promise that had to to with the individual work. I have watercolors
>from 40 years ago with no sign of deterioration (I'm the one giving signs
>of deterioration).

Sorry my statement was misinterpreted. What I meant was that watercolors
CAN have problems, too, not that all do. All forms of art have permanence
problems, as note all the reconstructions done by galleries. OTOH, I have
never seen a faded platinum print, though I'm sure any made on bad paper
would show deterioration.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@iag.net