Re: Potassium Iodide

Liam Lawless (lawless@vignette.freeserve.co.uk)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:22:48 +0000

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the warning, but I guess that permanence isn't a crucial issue if
the negs are unprintable anyway. I don't know how bad they are, and I don't
remember if my original communication with Judy on harmonising was on or
off-list, but she complained of not being able to predict how much density
would be lost on fixing a partly-redeveloped negative. My suggestion, as
you've seen, was to try something other than fixing.

But what about stabilisation processing for a somewhat longer life? I
believe that stabilisation involves thiourea, but what else I don't know.
Do you?

Liam