Re: Quasi "alt" question re:8x10 cameras

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 02:13:03 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Richard Lahrson wrote:

> William Laven wrote:
> >
> > I've posted questions re:8x10's to several Usenet groups, but trust the
> > altphoto group much more for some solid, believeable responses.
> >
> > RESPOND OFF LIST SO OTHERS WON"T BE BOTHERED WITH THIS.
>
> Hello,
>
> Isn't there enough interest here about this? If not, William, I
> would like to follow the off list discussion by forwarded e-mail. But
> it is my believe that this is alternative photography material. A large
> negative can be used directly for many alternative processes. After all,
> the enlarger was a "late comer" to the world of photogrphy!
>
> Rich Lahrson
> tripspud@hooked.net

For what it's worth, I agree... My plan is never ever from here to
eternity to use a view camera (although I have an 8x10 sitting in my
living room, I think of it as a still life). But this is a low-key way for
me and others like me to pick up good info (or bad info too I suppose),
casually, without having to worry about wasting film, or not doing it
right. In my experience teaching alt processes, the trickiest problem is
often the negative. The processes themselves are mostly mix part A with
part B, coat, & expose.

Judy