Re: Sad News

Andy Buck (buckwiet@yahoo.com)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:25:06 -0800 (PST)

A great loss; an inspiration for decades.

One of my all time 'favorite' exhibitons was one at PacMacGill in NYC
a few years ago: 18 Horizonless Landscapes, which proved, among many
things, that more can be done with silver printing than most do with
alt processing. (Please don't start ranting about that comment.)

And while he may be 'unknown', he certainly wasn't in collector's
circles: The above mentioned landscapes *sold* (not asked) for
$9,000-12,000. And his recent collages, and earlier work, sold for
$20,000-30,000. And I am *not* criticizing him or anybody else for
asking/paying/whatever. He was a master, an artist, and much more.

Andy