Re: Lenses for ultra-large format: Was alt" question re:8x10 cameras

jamiehy (jamiehy@pop.globaldialog.com)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:57:39 -0600

>There seems to be quite a number of photographers on this list using
>ultra-large format cameras, including the banquet formats. I would be
>interesting in hearing from them regarding the lenses being used, perhaps
>with some comments about their coverage and quality. In the hopes of
>getting some interesting feedback I will begin with the lenses I use on
>12X20.

I've been doing some 8x20 work along with my cirkut photography, and have
found that my 305mm G Claron covers 8x20 well , with a little bit of
movement. It's priced reasonably as well. An interesting note. The 270 WA
F 11 G Claron ( a WA process lense) will only cover 8x10 with some
movements, and I'm guessing the regular F 9 270 g claron covers much better
( at least when using for landscape.) Jamie