Good quality, Bad for Us?

Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:58:54 -0700

>>So the quality of the film must be good, and as mentioned, the BETTER the
>>quality of the film, the WORST it is for us!

I do not understand this... I thought the idea was to get the best possible
materials? I occasionally use high resolution films such as Illfochrome
Color Microgrraphics Film and it is amazing stuff. Tested archival storage
life of about 250 years, exceedingly high resolution, virtually no
detectable grain, continuous tone and a simple processing cycle. The
problem with it is it has an effective exposure index of 0.2 ASA, it is
very contrasty and it is tungsten balanced.

It will, however, beat any existing film including the King of Color Slide
films, Kodachrome.

RM