Re: Scanner selection+Agfa II

Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro@greco.com.br)
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 10:55:35 -0200

Hi Judy,
I think B&H has a better price on it. I am very satisfied with mine.

>My 2-way tape measure puts this at something like 9 by 12 inches. The
>Freestyle Arista that works very well costs $32 for a box of 100. Of
>course then there would be shipping to Brazil, which wouldn't be cheap
>(and possibly duty?), but it might not in the long run cost extremely much
>more -- and if you figure time is money (even in, was it Senegal?),
>might be an economy in the long run...

Well, it is being 36oC here so I think it might be colder there.
The problem we face here is the dollar rate change, it has just hit the sky so if
I can buy things here I will, at least, know how much I am paying for that, but
if I buy with credit card, in US$, I will have to wait for the bill to know the
price :(
This Agfa film is made in Argentina so it's easier to get a more constant price
and what's the word? Availability?

Joao

PS. I wanted to make that gum print with a film negative but I think I won't wait
and use a computer generated neg. I will let you know the results.