Re: Scanner selection

Michael Keller (keller@wvinter.net)
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:58:02 -0500

Yes, the next thing to remember when scanning at high res is lots of RAM. A slide
scanned at 2700ppi in 24 bit color is about 20Megabytes. Photoshop will want you to have
double that file size for manipulating the image, and that's on top of the RAM for the
OS and for Photoshop itself. You'll be using computer memory for your print jobs at this
point.

I am using an older 166Penitum (nonMMX), but with 128M of RAM and a 1G scratch disk, I
can handle most any file. Slowly sometimes.<g> As always, RAM is more valuable that
processor speed.

--
Michael Keller
Old + New Media