Re: Scanner selection

Michael Keller (keller@wvinter.net)
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:04:06 -0500

BTW, I disagree that you're paying for Photodeluxe. It's bundled with _everything_
unless you buy Photoshop in the bundle, and I suspect it's a loss leader for Adobe
to get amateurs into their s/w.

One thing you DO need to look at in scanner selection is the quality of the
scanning s/w that comes with it. It should have many of the controls found in
Photoshop (it's best if you can do some tweaking during the actual scan), and in a
film scanner, it should have good tools for scanning b/w, slide and color neg. This
includes profiles for a variety of available film brands, much like the color lab
has "channels" for different emulsions they're printing.