Re: Quasi "alt" question re:8x10 cameras

Chris Read (of30@dial.pipex.com)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 20:22:10 +0000

Hi,

This is an interesting point. personally, I've thought for some time
that was holding me back from taking the sort of pictures I want to take
is too MUCH choice. I used to use 35mm and ended up totally confused
about which lens combination to employ for a particular shot. But things
improved one day a few years ago when I brought an ancient Rolleiflex in
a Liverpool junk shop. No battery, one lens (albeit of great quality).

And suddenly, because the confusion of choice was denied me, I think I
began to exploit what it *could* do, and my pictures have improved no
end.

Now I'll readily admit that this could simply be down to me being unable
to distill the essence from complexity, but if so, The Rollei has worked
for me.

Chris

Oxford, England