RE: Cheap scanner

Ken Watson (watsok@frii.com)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 09:10:12 -0700

The below response about interpolated is correct. Today the best scanner
 low cost) that you can get really only has a 600DPI CCD sensor. The way
spec.'s are written for scanners is very strange in that the quote a printer
type of spec. For instance lets say one has a 100 DPI CCD sensor. Well there
are three colors so this is 3X 100 or wow! it is really a 300 DPI scanner!
Forget that it takes three different color pixels all looking at the same
spot to determine what the color of that spot should be. From there it is
all software and hype.... hey, these are the same aren't they?>