Re: More about large sizes of film

Hans Oosterom (hans.oosterom@wxs.nl)
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 16:35:26 -0100

Sil Horwitz wrote:

> Just thought you'd like to know. Personally, I use digital negs, made with CMYK "4-color" black on transparency film on an ALPS printer, which lays down four layers to provide proper densities,

Hi Sil,
This is interesting. Looked up the site of ALPS and it seems to be a new type of technologie. Are you using 4 times black powder, or are you using CYMK in order to build the blackisch high density layer. How dens is the densest black you can get?
Do you have readings on that?
Do you use regular acetates or specials for the ALPS printer.
Is the 5000 that you have and in that case how is the 'resolution' look like in B&W.
Is the ALPS laying down dots like a laser printer or is it more moiré like an inkjet.
Would appriciate if you could enter a bit in this type of details.
Thanks
Hans