Re: Negs on Epson

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 22:05 +0000 (GMT)

> I have just discovered that the prints I made were not kallitypes but
> the
> related Van Dykes. However I was sufficiently impressed by them that I
> will
> be trying kallitypes.

I'd personally consider that Van Dyke prints are kallitypes - just one of
various ways that kallitypes can be made. Possibly even one of the better
ways to make kallitypes - certainly likely to be more stable than many
kallitypes.

Some of my favourite kallitypes were made with a sensitiser containing no
silver by the way - there are many ways to a kallitype.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/