P-F in print (was Web vs print (was exhibition alt imagery)

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 21:50:13 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, garimo wrote:
> One way to get closer to breaking even would be to add information to
> your posts of how a uninformed person (myself) who has no idea of what
> P.F. is or where it can be aquired, would be most helpful when siteing
> references from it. I think two days ago someone asked what Post
> Factory was and how to get it. But I saw no reply and so the question
> remains with me unanswered. People who make the bucks, shamelessly
> promote their products.
>
> I wanna' know too.

Thanks for asking Garimo... but I guess when I say damned if I do, damned
if I don't, you could see what I mean.

I announced the World Journal of Post-Factory Photography to the list when
Issue #1 was published, April 1998. I did a large run as a "free
introductory copy," & invited requests, which I mailed bulk rate. After
that, folks had to send $2 to pay the postage. Now, to keep complete sets
available as long as possible, Issue #1 is a bonus with a subscription,
for cost of the extra postage.

I announced Issue #2 to the list October 28, 1998, under the subject line
"Monster Edition en route." Now, if I can get off e-mail long enough to
finish it, Issue #3 is in work, due some time around April '99.

That's 2 issues a year, 48 pages of info (#2 was 52 pages, but that was an
aberration, nearly did me in). The subscription is $24 for 4 issues (two a
year, so sub is for 2 years) + $1.50 postage for the 5th "bonus" issue for
those who didn't get it (while supplies last, about another 50 on hand) --
total $25.50.

The announcements for #1 & 2 listed in breath-taking, heart-stopping
detail the goodies in each issue. Since, as you may surmise, the threshold
of tolerance in the matter can be rather low (and certainly list traffic
is at the max), I won't repeat here, but assure anybody and everybody, one
and all, that if you missed them, and will request OFFLIST, I will be
DELIGHTED to forward -- along with testimonials, money changing info,
references, promises, claimers, disclaimers, and poignant historic
details. (And in case I forget to mention, P-F now has subscribers in 21,
going on 22 countries.)

I haven't to date used a P-F sig line, thinking not to ruffle those
twitchy feathers ;- ( .... And for the same reason did not answer the
(very welcome!) recent info request on line. Since the start, mentions
onlist of Post-Factory seem to have drawn rebukes even quicker than
scanner talk. (As noted: DIID, DIID !) In my next life I'm coming back as
a person who does everything right the first time, but in this one I did
answer that request fully offline.... to you too.... Watch for incoming,
Garimo.

And THANKS for asking...

Meanwhile,

Post-Factory Press