Re: Alt and The government

Domenick Mirando (DOMM@delphi.com)
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 17:47:01 -0500 (EST)

Hal---

>Sodium sulfite is a major ingredient in many photographic chemicals. It is
>used as an activator in developers, it is also in most hypo clearing agents
>(washing aids) such as Kodak's KHCA.

Yes, I see it listed in formulas.....what I was interested in is the
possiblility of an alternative source as opposed to a chemical supplier.

>........Sulfur dioxide is not a problem with
>these chemicals when stored properly.

So I can assume that if I mixed these in a bucket and then within a reasonable
time disposed of it....no problem with fumes.

>But, please check with your local/state authorities about the disposal of
>these materials. At the very least, contact the Occupational Health and
>Safety officer at a nearby university. S/he should be able to point you in
>the direction of the information you need to have

Yes..I plan to.
(Don't worry Hal, I won't tell 'em you told me anything! <G>)

>....... in order to be a safe and good neighbor.

Heh-heh!

Let me just say...We have one neighbor on the north side of our house
with a good distance between. When we moved here from down the street, we
took our old house and placed it between.

Now..on the south side which slopes down and away...we have a major
truck stop with a catch pond for all the run off.. about 100' away.
(This is the side of the house that I drain on.)

Before we moved here, the old owners had a polluted well in front and had a
new one put behind, with the stipulation that if it got polluted, the
truck stop would connect city water free....which is what we had done.

In front of the house and down a clift..there is major four lane expressway.

Beleive me...if I didn't concern myself with safety..I don't think anyone else
would!

Thanks,

---Dom