Re: William Mortensen

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:48:20 -0500

Curtis Fant wrote:

> Does anyone have any information on Mortensen? Anybody on this list go
> to his school? Anybody know where to find copies of the letters in
> Camera craft Magazine between him and Ansel Adams?
>
> I am interested in learning more about William Mortensen and his
> photographic processes. Any leads or information would be appriciated.
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Curtis Fant

Curtis,

An older friend of mine did indeed study with Mortensen and has been
working ever since as what he proudly calls "an unregenerated
Pictorialist" and his own work is gorgeous. I don't know what literature
he might have but he would be a wealth of personal anecdote and
information. He is not yet online with his own email but if we can
privately discuss it I'm sure I can put the two of you in touch with
each other.---Carl