Re: Rives BFK

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:49:03 -0500 (EST)

Fran -- there's Rives BFK & Rives Heavyweight, but so as far as I know not
a Rives BFK Heavyweight. To make things more complicated, the Heavyweight
is actually *lighter* than the BFK. I don't have a "Heavyweight" on hand,
but the real Rives BFK has the watermark "Rives BFK. The "heavyweight" may
not (as I recall) have any watermark at all.

Sometimes by the way, stores don't know the difference, and sell you the
Heavyweight when you ask for the BFK. Both, I gather, are very good for
gum, but in my own experience, when working large, the BFK has more
stability for re-register. It may also have more wet-strength, which is
also a factor with a large wet sheet. But if yours is the BFK, when did
you buy it? (The story I got may be just a whimsy of a student who soaked
it in crankcase oil, or something.)

Meanwhile, congrats on the 4-color.... Isn't it a lark?

Judy